This is the first step to getting your Drent approved for breeding, but it can be requested for dogs that are not intended for breeding as well. A conformation exam uses the breed standard to look at the outward qualities of your dog - including structure, specific items relating to breed type, and movement.
Your Drent must be at least 18 months of age to process a Conformation Exam Request.
We are offering this service to all members and non-members. Fees are as follows:
Members - $5.00
Non-members - $25.00 (includes a DPCNA membership)
Please complete the form below after reading through what is required for submission. Make sure to pay the fee using PayPal above after you submit the form.
You will need:
* Copy of your dog's pedigree
* All Photos must be JPG format
* Photos of the dog standing from the front and from the side
* Photo of the dog's head as straight on as possible and with ears in an alert position and mouth closed
* Photo of dog head from the side
* Photo of dog head 3/4 angle (to properly evaluate transition from muzzle to skull)
* Photo of dog standing from the rear
* Movement photo (if you would rather send a video, please make that choice below and you will be able to send that after the initial submission
* Verification of dog's bite and teeth. This can be done by your vet OR by sending photos.
If done by vet, then you will need a letter stating the dog has a scissor bite and listing any teeth that are missing. If all teeth are present with correct occlusion, then it should be stated the dog has a complete scissor bite. Any deviations must be noted.
If done via photos, then we will need photos showing a closed bite from the front and photos showing the teeth in all 4 quadrants (upper right/left and lower right/left).
* Verification of 2 normally descended testicles (if male) - whatever photo you choose, please make sure both testicles are discernible. This is very easy for an owner to check for and should be obvious to you if there is a problem
We have provided several examples of each type of photo here for you to reference. When taking/selecting photos, please be mindful of what we are looking for. Having proper photos is essentially for us to fairly and accurately grade your Drent. Please be advised, we may request additional or photos to be reshot, or video in order to complete the assessment of your dog.
ALL PHOTOS MUST BE IN JPEG FORMAT!